Taxonomy Seminar 17/10/10
October 17, 2013 § Leave a comment
Some more thoughts on how to take my project forward:
- A book seems to be a good way to present my outcome
- Using the images I have, experiment with different ways of presenting them – size, colour, layout, collage, paired up
- The purpose of the brief is to present the 30 things in an interesting way – have I achieved this?
- I should consider looking at some Art Books and Photography Books for inspiration – in particular Roma Publications who have a very conceptual approach
- Will the book be made by hand or digitally?
- What will the design of the front cover be?
- What will the layout be – concertina, cut out, photo album style, any type involved?
What I am trying to show in my collection:
- The difference between two cultures
- Contrast of environments
- Documenting a journey
- Aesthetically pleasing images
The following quote that we were given today is actually very useful for my particular choice of collection:
This is the surface, but what lays beyond it?