Taxonomy Seminar 24/10/13
October 24, 2013 § Leave a comment
Having finished my 15 composites and done a few mock ups of my front cover I presented this work in my seminar and came to the following conclusions:
- The composites I have done are a good way of responding to the brief and presenting my taxonomy in an interesting way.
- I should consider to contextualise the photos by including some information at the front of the book, for example, where the photos were taken and the concept I plan to get across with my photographs.
- I should take inspiration from Photographic books, looking at their layout to determine what key features to include in my book
- I need to sketch out some layout ideas and determine which way is the best to present my book
- Is the book going to be made digitally or manually? If digitally – consider publishing on Issuu for assessment before printing. If manually – look at different ways of hand making books and determine whether it is doable for the presentation ideas I have in mind
- What materials will the book be made out of and what size will it be?