Project Management Brief
February 13, 2014 § Leave a comment
Design Practice in Context 2 Lecture 12/02/14
We received a new contextual brief which is based on project management:
Things to consider (Option A):
- What resources will you need? (Computer/Cost/New Equipment)
- Location – room to work in/building/desk/equipment
- How much work are you going to get? Consider scenarios – if working freelance, will you get three projects? Be realistic about what you’re doing.
- Business cards/portfolio/going out and speaking to people – how much/how long is it gonna take?
- Think of a USP. Logical order and justification is key. This plan is to cover until the business is open.
- 2,000 words in report format is acceptable.
Things to consider (Option B):
- Where is the gap year going to take place? Stay at home/Travel the country/Travel abroad?
- How are you going to do it?
- If going abroad – think about currency. Are you willing to accept the exchange loss?
- Risk assessment
- Travel Insurance
- Jet lag/air time/potential problems at airport
- Passport validity/Visas/Estas
- Knowledge of where you’re going/support/backup
Introduction > Plan > Explanation > Resource Statement > Financial Statement
Introduction should include choice of option, intent, date to start action, aim date. Build in leeway. Work backwards.